Welcome to the next generation of beverage machines, recycling single-use beverage capsules.
Do we really have other options than living sustainably? Single serve coffee capsules, while convenient, create a lot of waste and with this, a lot of costs. CAPAGAIN tackles this problem head-on by presenting an efficient solution to meet future environmental challenges. Our product enables the recycling of coffee capsules right inside the coffee machine. After brewing the coffee, our machine automatically extracts the coffee ground out of the used capsule. The consumer then can compost the coffee and throw the packaging material in the respective recycle bin, making coffee capsules a sustainable product.
Until 2016, nearly CHF60m were spent on collecting and recycling the 24% of all used Nespresso® capsules (The Positive Cup, 2017). What about the remaining 76%? What about billions capsules from over 300 other coffee brands?
Our patent-pending technology developed at the EPFL allows to sort the different materials contained in used capsules. The input is a brewed capsule, the outputs are: compostable coffee ground on one side, and packaging material such as aluminum ready to be recycled on the other side. Our device is automatic, compact, and can be integrated in the design of domestic coffee machines.
Institutions make growing pressure. For example, in 2016 the city of Hamburg banned coffee capsules. Also consumers make pressure. If you ask Germans: why don't you consider buying a capsule machine? 72% don't consider buying because of waste (European Congress on Coffee Capsules, 2018). Capsules brands can partner with us to offer a solution to 12 million coffee drinkers, just in Germany.
Your customers are looking for a proof-point of recycling, correct? Bingo! We offer you the access to the next generation of recycle systems. According to your needs, our offer can include technology licensing and co-development services.
Director of Capagain and Patent Practitioner, Guglielmo previously worked as R&D engineer in the Swiss industry and authored inventions which have been embedded into successful products. Guglielmo holds a MSc degree in engineering from the EPFL.
Alisandro holds a Master degree in mechanical engineering from the EPFL. He specializes in mechanical testing and project management. He speaks French, Arabic, English.
Luca holds a Master degree in mechanical engineering from the EPFL. He specializes in structural engineering and aerospace applications. He speaks Italian, English, French.
As professional start-up coach at the Swiss Innovation Agency, Caroline collaborates with CAPAGAIN bringing value on business development, marketing, communication, and networking.
Start-up coach at Venture, Salvatore helps technology companies shaping and selling better products and services. In addition, he owns an independent business intelligence boutique specialising in the coffee industry (coffee and machinery, Ho.Re.Ca., Vending, etc.).
We are looking for a young electronic engineer. You will own a project of design and prototyping of electronic control circuits. Expect a dynamic work atmosphere!
EPFL Tech Transfer Office endorsement
Copyright © 2018 Capagain - All Rights Reserved.